Polytetrafluoroethylene is an engineered fluoropolymer. Outstanding resistance to chemicals is one of it's primary attributes. A broad temperature range of -100F to 500F (-73C to 260C) make this hose material suitable for the majority of fluid and ambient temperature conditions found in industry. An extremely low coefficient of friction, (0.05 to 0.20), provides a non-stick surface. Water absorption of PTFE is negligible, less than 0.01% by ASTM test. And, it is FDA-approved for food and pharmaceutical use.
• Inner core vertically extruded to maintain highest quality concentricity.
• Manufactured from PTFE fine grade resin.
• 304 stainless steel wire braid reinforcement.
• An exact amount of carbon black added to the PTFE Inner core provides
continuous conductive path to the metal end fittings, to bleed off static
electricity in steam or high flow rate applications.
• For continuous service: -65°F to 450°F (-54°C to 232°C)
• For intermittent service: -100°F to 500°F (-73°C to 260°C)
• Meets or exceeds requirements of SAE 100R14
• PTFE meets FDA 21 CCFR 177.1550
• Sizes -4 thru -10 are rated for full vacuum.
• Larger sizes -12 and above can be reinforced with an internal support
spring for full vacuum service.